NEWLY QUALIFIED PROPERTY LAWYER
Eden legal is a dynamic, niche law firm focussing on agriculture, rural property and commercial law. We are based in Perth but serve clients throughout Scotland (and beyond). A friendly and down to earth approach is at the heart of our brand. At Eden, we look to bring that little bit more to each deal that our clients are involved in, helping them scope matters at the outset and encouraging them to “peer around the corners” to anticipate the risks and opportunities that should be addressed in the legal work. We have enjoyed strong organic growth and as we head towards our fifth anniversary, we are looking for an experienced solicitor to join us.
The post is full time, but we are flexible and are also happy to accept applications from solicitors who are seeking a part time position.
As a conveyancing solicitor at Eden, you will be managing property transactions from beginning to end and enjoying a client facing role. Working in tandem with colleagues in our sister company, McKean Gardner, you will also be responsible for advising on the property aspects of estate planning and executry work. Initially, you will be working on a range of transactions, covering residential, commercial and rural properties. Over time, you will be encouraged and supported to develop knowledge and experience in areas such as agricultural law, renewable energy projects, partnership law and aspects of company law. There will be scope to incorporate any new areas of law that interest you into our service offering.
Naturally, we expect a high level of commitment and loyalty from our staff, but believe we have much to offer in return. In addition to your competitive salary and workplace pension scheme, you will enjoy additional advantages, including:
- Dress: When you don’t have client meetings, feel free to wear something more casual to the office.
- Location: Have a straightforward journey to work thanks to our highly accessible location, just of the Inveralmond roundabout.
- Free Parking: Avoid paying hundreds of pounds a year for parking tickets thanks to the availability of plenty of free parking for employees at our office.
To be seriously considered for this role, please have the following in regard to:
- Experience: We are looking for a solicitor with 0-2 years PQE who have conveyancing experience.
- Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills, with strong attention to detail and ability to cope with competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Characteristics: This is an autonomous position, so you should be self-sufficient and self-motivated. You will need confidence to take responsibility for your own transactions and advice, although help and guidance is always on hand if you need it.
As a property solicitor at Eden, you’ll take responsibility for your own caseload as well as working with your supervising Director on more complex transactions to develop your knowledge base. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Steering property transactions to a successful conclusion, working in a co-operative and supportive manner with clients and other members of their professional team.
- Crafting easy to follow reports and giving clear advice to clients about what needs to be done.
- Conducting sound legal research to underpin our advisory work.
- Developing the depth of your legal knowledge and keeping up to date with all relevant developments.
Get in touch now to discuss this role by sending your CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org